As I'm writing this I realize that this is probably the first blog I've written that isn't about the kids, although, I'll still talk about them :) Shane, Nolan and I made a very quick trip over to Seattle this weekend for a close friends wedding. This is only the second time I left behind my baby girl. The only other night I've been away from Liv in the last 4 years of her life is when I gave birth to Nolan--I know, it's pathetic! I'm just too much of a worry wart I guess. We stayed with our friends in Redmond and they offered to watch Nolan for us since he was still napping when we needed to head out for the wedding. This was also a bit painful for me because the only person who's watched NJP is my mom. I did it, and we were actually able to stay at the wedding for 4 hours-YAY! So, Shane and I were kid free for what it seemed to be the first time ever. It was like we were on a wonderful date, with some of our BEST friends, it was PERFECT(if it was just a little bit cooler than 93 degree's in Seattle.)
This wedding was pretty much a WSU reunion, and for Shane, a Sigma Nu reunion. We hadn't seen some of the people attending since we graduated from college. We had a blast! It was so great to see so many familiar faces and to catch up with long lost friends. We ate(hey D, how about them rolls and Jordan almonds?,) drank(Ricardo, you spin me round round :), laughed, and reminisced for hours about the good ole' college days--when life seemed to be a lot less carefree. The wedding was at a winery in Redmond and the spot that Anthony & Heidi had their ceremony was BEAUTIFUL--a garden with tons of wild flowers, pond, butterflies flying around, lots of tree's--very sweet!
Almost all our friends are married now, and it's sad to think about not having an excuse to get everybody together. It has inspired me to stay in better touch with good friends, and to try and get together with them more often, especially the one's who live close. Life is too short, and time goes by too fast! I say this all the time, we are incredibly blessed to have such amazing friends, who have become our family. We are so grateful!
1 comment:
You are absolutely beautiful, the wedding pictures are great! I LOVED LOVED LOVED getting together with you, I just adore who you are. We need to spend more time together....much love & hugs to you all. Kari
Post a Comment