We hope you all had a blessed Christmas. One thing that I really missed this year was our Christmas Eve service at church. We left thinking we had plenty of time to get to church, however it took us over an hour to get halfway there. Unfortunately, we never made it. So, we stopped by my parents and had my Dad's famous BBQ burgers.
Christmas Day was lovely, spent with my family at our house. We had lots of yummy treats, drinks, dinner, and the best part was just lounging around and being together. We have more Christmas fun to come. We were supposed to spend Christmas Eve with Shane's side of the family. However, my poor sister-in-law got really sick on Christmas Eve :( So, next week we'll have our extended Christmas with the Lofstedt/Walker/Sander Family.
This is the first year that Olivia was excited about Santa--well, I shouldn't say excited because she still doesn't really want to think about him. Nolan isn't a big fan quite yet, he bawled when we took him to get his picture with Santa. On Christmas eve Liv asked Shane and I "Is Santa coming right now?" I need to get to bed, I don't want to see him!" She loves the thought of him though. We left out cookies and milk and the next morning she was thrilled that he'd been to the house and had a treat. I love the magic of Christmas through a child. Olivia couldn't believe that Santa remembered some of the things she'd asked him for, and that he actually brought gifts to her house. Watching Liv this year brought back so many memories of those sleepless Christmas Eve nights when I was a child. I remember being so excited that I couldn't sleep a wink. My brothers and I would get up around 5AM and try to drag my poor sleep deprived parents out of their bed. Something that I'll be experiencing with my own children in the years to come. I hope you all experienced the joy of Christmas and celebrating Jesus in your home & hearts as well! Lots of pictures to come later!
No comments:
Post a Comment