I knew the day would come when Nolan no longer needed/wanted to nurse, and would sleep beautifully through the night. The time has finally come for both, and now I wish I wouldn't have wanted both of those things. What the heck is wrong with me, why wouldn't I want sleep? It's all because I know these things make my baby boy more grown up =( Both of our kids were terrible sleepers for the first year plus, but then they become great sleepers. Also, neither of them would ever take a bottle. We tried several bottles, & nipples, but they wouldn't have anything to do with them. Not even a bink!
Olivia nursed for 17 months, and her little brother beat her by 8 days. He has nursed for 17 months and 8 days. I still remember the day Olivia stopped nursing. I cried all day long, and when I looked at her, I thought she was all grown up and in a sense didn't need me for certain "things." I was sad that I'd never nurse her again. The same goes for my little buddy. I'm writing this with tears in my eyes. I knew it was time, especially since he goes around looking at women and says "boobies," or walks up to me and says "momma feed you." The other day he grabbed one of my bras and smelled it, then he looked at Shane and said "momma feed you." When he says that he means momma feed me, but he replaces me with the word you. Olivia used to say things like mama hold you, instead of mama hold me. Guess it's just a part of them learning how to speak properly? Back to what I was saying. Nolan has finally weaned himself, and I know this chapter is finally closed. Even if he asks me at this point, I can't, because it's been 2 days and that would just be way too confusing to not only my body(which is slightly engorged,) but also to him. It's kind of like when you're potty training your child, you wouldn't have them start going on the potty, but then put them back in a diaper. This entire blog may sound really strange, but for a mom who loved nursing, it's hard to let go of something that has been a part of my daily routine from the moment my son was born. I was telling Shane, that now I want another one! He said, "we needed a bigger house first." Typical guy response!
3 comments:
Kell, My hubby and I are laughing at the "mommy feed you" to Shane. BUT, in all seriousness I know EXACTLY how you feel. Time goes by way too fast and when it finally gets "there" it isn't easy on mom! Hang in there. You're going to have other "things" that he will do... Every morning I have to crawl back in bed to "nuggle" with my boy as soon as he wakes up. Even if I am busy, I'll drop everything and take that time... I know you'll get those too! And 17 months 8 days is something to be extremely proud of, mama!
Girl I am proud of you! Now you and Shane can get away for the night while we watch the kids! Think of the positives:)
I'm feeling for you Kel, I actually started tearing up reading this, I remember how much my heart ached weaning Dawson. It is an amazing bond that's hard to describe and it's an emotional chapter to close. Love you.
Post a Comment