Thursday, May 7, 2009

Somewhere Over The Rainbow...Is God's Promise





After we ate dinner tonight we noticed a beautiful rainbow in a distance behind our house. Isn't it funny that something so simply beautiful grabs our attention? The bright colors are amazing! Olivia and I quickly went to the front of the house to see if the rainbow stretched over to the other side. It was even brighter out our front window.

The best part of the rainbow was hearing my husband explain to Olivia(and I,) about the rainbow being a token of the Lord and his promise to us. Quite honestly, I've forgotten about all of that(yet another reason that I should be reading my bible a WHOLE lot more.) It was reassuring, and a simple reminder of the Lord's protection and promise to protect us. Something that I really need to hold on to in such a weird time in the world.
*Genesis 9:15-16, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth."

No comments: