Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July 2009 Part 1


We had a lovely 4th of July spent with our dear, dear friends, who are truly like our family. We were at Loon Lake and the day/night/and following morning were so much fun. Shane and I have decided it was one of our favorite 4th of July celebrations yet. We went for a boat ride, cooled off in the water, Nolan caught his first fish with Daddy, LaUgHeD, Laughed, and LAUGHED some more, ate lots of lake food(chips, cookies, dips, ice cream cones, you know, the healthy food in life.) The fireworks were amazing and seemed to last for hours. All the kids did great, stayed up for most of the show until they fell asleep on their Daddy's, so cute! Some of my favorite memories that are still making me laugh as I write~
*A tube from one of the fireworks came down HARD and hit my friend D in the head, and left a huge bump(it's okay, she's laughing about it too!) At first we didn't know what the heck had happened until she found the piece that hit her. It resembled a small toilet paper roll, OUCH!
*Shortly following, the neighbors roman candle container tipped over and started shooting the fireworks right at us. I of course was in sheer panic, grabbed Liv(Shane had NJP,) and headed for the cabin. D was in shock too and yelled out "Wells, get the kids!" The best part about that, the kids were on her lap =) I was so embarrassed because I let out a big Oh F*** when it happened. I seriously thought one of the kids was going down, or maybe I thought I was. We laughed about this for the rest of the night.
*Last but not least, while we were taking a little stroll on the beach before we headed home this morning, my little wild guy decided he'd like to take a dip. He ran in to the water, which I figured he'd stop once his feet were in, but NOPE, he kept going, AND going! It had a slight drop so, in and under he went, while I ran after him in my clothes. What a scene! He was totally fine, in fact, it did not bother him a bit. I on the other hand...this is why I have high anxiety =)
Richie bought a special firework for Shane & I. Mine was called "The Luck of the Irish." It was one of my favorites. Shane's was "Jack A** " and was seriously the loudest firework I've ever heard in my life. It also had me running towards the cabin at full speed.
I love the memories we made this year. Loon is a sentimental place for us and has many years of special memories especially for Shane. Thank you for everything Wells Family & Much Love!
Part 2=Pictures very soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I concur a GREAT 4th! I still keep laughing to myself about the fireworks and just to be clear, the firework that shot at us was not a little Roman Candle it was a big mortar or cake as they call it. We have the lingo down now--thanks to good ol' Ford, WA :-)

Good, good times Lofstedt's!!!
Loves,
~D and the fam

Siri said...

Sounds like a great 4th! I can only imagine some of those scenarios playing out:) xoxo