
My running buddies~D,& Siri


So I really haven't consistently worked out in months for lots of reasons. I've missed it, it's such a release for me, and for years it's been a big priority in my life. A good friend of mine asked me to run a race with her and I told there was no way I could, I would only have a few weeks to train, and I wasn't feeling very motivated. A week or so later I decided I really needed to do something for "me." I thought about the run again, and thought that was a perfect thing for me to accomplish. I had about a week and a half to train for the 5 mile run. I went on a few runs with the girls and then a couple on my own. Three and a half miles was about the longest I ran on my own, but figured I could run the extra 2 on race day. Well, I did it! As I've said before, I'm not a runner, it's never come easy to me. I do however like the challenge. What's next? I'm considering training for a half marathon. I've been dabbling with that thought for the last year and feel ready to take this challenge on. I'm super excited to see how this all pans out. Thank you ladies for twisting my arm, and helping me train for the race. I had a lot of fun! Although I could have done without~running over ice patches, freezing cold air, and a drippy nose from the cold. Otherwise, I thought it was great!
3 comments:
Yay! Racing Day is over :) You need to give yourself a big pat- on- the- back! You barely had time to train and you rocked it! Hip hip hooray for YOU! Damn that ice--it slowed us up, just think at the 1/2 we won't have any excuses!
Love ya, D
So proud of us! Can't wait to train for the 1/2 xoxoox
I'm proud of you guys!!!
Post a Comment