Saturday, November 28, 2009

Some of the things we're thankful for...







When we asked Olivia what she was thankful for~
1. "I'm so thankful for my brother."
2. "My Baby"(obviously her baby doll!)
3. "God"
4. "My Family"

Nolan's turn...He didn't really answer so Liv said~
1. "He's thankful for me"
2. "Daddy & Mama"
3. "God"

Shane~
1. My health
2. My beautiful and healthy kids
3. God
4. My Wife

As for me~
All of the above! It's been an interesting year, and sometimes I get in my funk and don't see all the wonderful things to give thanks for that are right in front of me. I'm THANKFUL, and once again, sometimes have to hit the reboot button on my life and check in with how truly blessed I am...even when I don't see it.

We had a small, and fast Thanksgiving gathering this year. Since we'd already had a get together with my family the weekend before, we didn't get together with them again on Thursday. We went out to Shane's Mom & Rob's place. We had a feast for sure, and so much dessert to choose from. I did miss my little brother Noel so much this year at Thanksgiving =( This is one of the first years that he hasn't made it home during the Fall/Winter. Once again, you'll notice I failed at getting a picture of Shane & I, and even worse, Shane, the kids and I...WHAT A SHOCKER! I seriously need a volunteer to take our family picture, or else we may not have a Christmas Card.

Finally, Olivia had a darling Thanksgiving feast at school last Wednesday. The kindergartner's made the most delicious homemade chicken soup, and pumpkin bread. Both of which I asked her teacher for the recipes. It was delicious!

1 comment:

LAURA said...

You guys are on our "I'm thankful for..." list!
XO