Weekend at Cannon Beach!
Shane and I finally got away for a weekend together, after nearly 7 years! I was a nervous wreck, and a couple of days before we left I wanted any excuse to either take the kids with us, or stay home. Neither of those things happened and last Friday morning Shane and I left for Cannon Beach, Oregon. We have always loved our road trips together. We used to take them all the time when we were dating, and before we had children. Getting away together was one of the best things we've done in a very long time. I feel like we rejuvenated our love, friendship, marriage, it was bliss! Just to really focus on each other was great, to start and end a conversation without any interruptions, to NOT be on any schedule at all...the toughest decision we had to make for 3 days was what, when, and where we'd eat =) We stayed in an amazing hotel that completely pampered us. The pampering included things like~turning down our bed at night and placing handmade chocolates on our pillow, complementary dvd's delivered to our room, homemade chocolate chip cookies, tea/coffee available 24/7, stocked our fridge each day with beverages of our choice, complementary cheese wine every evening, and the most delicious breakfast I've ever had. The breakfast had every kind of fresh fruit you can imagine, homemade granola, pastries, breads, floretine egg scrammble(they switched it up each day,) peppered bacon, irish oatmeal, fresh squeezed juices, organic coffee/tea. It was seriously out of this world! Our room was 30 feet from the beach, it was so beautiful. The tide was so high the entire time it was unreal. We've always gone down in the summer so this was an entirely different season for us to be down there. It rained the majority of the time, but we were prepared and that didn't keep us away from the beach, day hikes, and walking around the quaint little town. I included a lot of landscape pictures in the slideshow. I wanted you all to see how amazing one of the hikes we went on was. We hiked through a lush forest to get down to the beach. It was so beautiful, at the end of the trail, it opened up to the ocean. There was a river and small creeks running through the forest leading to the ocean. The trees were HUGE, you'll notice some pictures with Shane standing next to them.
One of the other highlights of my mini vacation was spending an evening with one of my longest, most dear, best friends in my world, April. We have been bestee's for 20 years! We've gone through so many chapters of LIFE together. I miss her so much but we've managed to make our friendship a priority in spite of not living in the same town. We plan on seeing April and her sweet family again this summer!
While our time away couldn't have been more perfect, we were ready to get back home to our 2 little sweethearts. We missed the kids, and our family time, chaos and all ;)



5 comments:
Oh my! I am so happy for you. You can tell how happy you are in every picture! So great that you got away now it is time for a couple trip right;) xoxo
Aaaw, I love this post Kell! You have some great pictures and I am so happy that you made the trip. I hope you two will come over more often-and stay over here too! It was great to see you and Shane. I miss you more than you know!
I can't believe how many years we've been friends. It seems like we are always able to pick right back up where we left off--even if it's been a long time between visits. I wish we were nearby so we could have even more memories together with our kids growing up. Guess we'll have to make some of those memories at the BEACH!!!
Your friendship has truly been a gift. I'm incredibly blessed to have shared so much with you (and your fam) for all these years.
-A
I love that S of S verse, it's what was engraved on my wedding ring so it makes me all mushy everytime I read it. I am so glad you guys got away, it sounds perfect. A little jealous of the Fultano's pizza picture, please don't tell me you made it to Waves of Grain too:-) It's making me want to go to the beach, BAD!
And BTW, the word verification for my comment is "flard" what the heck? Flard? Sounds like a word for really bad gas.
So glad you survived your getaway! Looks like soooo much fun and the warm cookies everyday-heaven! You two look like newlyweds! See a vacation is GOOD for your health :) BTW I love the new owl on your blog. Super sweet!
Loves,
D
How long did it take you to drink that beer?
Post a Comment