Bloomsday 2010!We had a WONDERFUL weekend! The highlight, our good friends The Wiley's(Lance, Shaana, & Lilah) were here!! We make it a priority to see them a couple times a year. They have come this way 2 times within he last 6 months, so we are grateful. It's our turn next as we'll head to Seattle this summer. There sweet honey girl Lilah is just about a year old, such a fun age! She's as cute as a button, and has a personality to match. Olivia and Nolan LOVED having a little person around. Each morning they woke it was like Christmas to them and they'd come in to our room and ask "Is Lilah awake yet?" They couldn't wait to get downstairs to see her. Olivia actually cried her eyes out when they left, it was so sad, I haven't ever seen her get that way when people leave. She's always had a special connection to them so I'm not surprised. Lance & Shane had a great time catching up, and yes they had to keep their tradition going with a trip to DQ for a blizzard. So funny, it's their thing! They started that tradition in college at WSU. Shaana and I did the usual, shopped, cooked, played with the kids, talked about motherhood, exercise, life in general. Shaana actually came over to run Bloomsday as well. She's in ridiculous shape, and IS A RUNNER(the natural kind!) I'm a little envious of that ;) We miss them a ton already and look forward to time with them this summer.
Oh and Bloomsday! Well, it was a DISASTER! We were all pumped, the race started out great! Then there were lines to the bathroom on the course that did not move for 20 minutes, one of my friends fell and literally got ran over by rude/inconsiderate bloomies, my knee started to give out at mile 6, when I crossed the finish line I stepped right in to a giant pile of puke, and to top it off~WE GOT ON A BUS THAT WAS HEADED TO THE VALLEY MALL~what!? Yep, we had a nice long ride out to the valley and back. What a day! I can finally laugh at it now, but at the time not so much. I think everyone around me watched the steam shooting out of my ears, and then I made an even bigger scene as I transformed into a complete maniac (do to all the unexpectedness.) Let's just say I will have a Bloomsday re-do one of these days. So it was a bad run, but at least I can count it as a training run. Thanks everyone for putting up with me, I wasn't a happy camper!
1 comment:
Oh girl I am still so sorry about the bus thing. I am glad you can laugh now but I can only imagine what that must have felt like!! We will do it one of these years and kick it's a**! xo
Post a Comment