Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Swell Season



Oh how I love Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova of the Swell Season! By the time I heard they were coming in to town the box seats, and any other good seat were sold out! I really wanted to take my Dad for his birthday! We couldn't get seats but then the luck of the Irish kicked in. My cousin Colleen had a friend that got us VIP passes and so Colleen, Katherine(my other cousin,) & I got to go! It was an amazing concert, and I hope to see them again! I could have listened to his SWEET Irish accent all night long! I love so many different types of music, but especially like the Folkish, Irish style of The Swell Season. My brother Noel got me hooked on them a few years ago. His music touches my soul, his voice amazing(so is his guitar playing,) as is Marketa's, she's brilliant on the piano too! I told my Dad that us Irish folk are such hopeless romantics! The Swell Season lyrics really do pull on my heart strings, and make me so emotional. It was a great night spent with 2 other lovely ladies, and the chicken Caesar wrap, sweet potato fries, and Chardonnay weren't bad either =)
  • I took some video of a few songs and so far haven't had luck downloading(go figure!) I'll try to get them on here.

No comments: