Michael Thomas Obituary: View Michael Thomas's Obituary by Spokesman-Review
Shocked...heartbroken...confused...praying...hoping, for healing. Last Tuesday I received news that I did not expect to hear...that my friend Michael had passed away on Monday afternoon. I just could not believe it, and still CAN'T! My ordinary day turned into a complete disaster when I finally came to grips that it was true. But what happened, how, why??? All of these questions ran through my head. Mostly because I knew that Michael was doing so well in his life, and was healthy. So what in the heck? My mind raced, I knew it was something tragic and devastating...in which I would later find out it was. I tend to not post overly personal information on my blog or on facebook. But with this, I feel like it's a way for me to connect with all the people who knew, and loved my dear friend Michael, not to mention, I know he can see this.
This whole thing just HITS me in waves. I will be okay, and then I will hear a song that reminds me of Michael, see a picture, or think of him, and just lose it. Michael's life was cut way too short. He was in the middle of a beautiful song that he didn't get to finish...here on earth anyways. I know he now has the best seat in the house, and is watching down on all of those who he cared for and loved. But selfishly, I wish he was still here! He has such a wonderful family, they are super close. He would always say that his sister and mom were his #1. They couldn't have asked for a better brother/son, he adored them in every way. Michael and his sister were like bread and butter, I should say more like twins, they were each other's constant. My heart has already been heavy but when I saw his family last Friday, I was sure my heart shattered. Whether you knew Michael for 2 minutes, 2 years, or 20 years, you were drawn to him. Everyone that knew him says that about him. If you met Michael, you instantly wanted to be his friend. The day I found out what happened I wrote to him(on his fb wall,) and said~
"Gosh I am going to miss you! I had so much fun with you~whether it was sharing a salad with you at mizuna, sneaking in for a quick blow out while on my lunch break ;)...or getting spoiled on my birthdays with a fabulous hairdo. I LOVE that we are both music junkies and always shared our favorites. You have such a beautiful soul/energy. Such a WONDERFUL, caring, compassionate, loving, and generous friend/brother/son/person/STYLIST/artist. You have the best seat in the house now my friend. God Bless you. I ♥ you, and am going to miss everything about you, as will all of the people who's lives you were in."
Another friend of mine Gianna wrote "Michael. your friends and family are amazing. you brought really wonderful and interesting and loving people together and you made every one of us feel important and beautiful. I cannot accept that you are gone. please stay with me somehow and watch over me, and help me take myself less seriously! :) I love you and miss you more than words could ever say."
The messages would continue, and in everything people have written on the obituary site, facebook, or email...they all had a common theme. Because he was that special, amazing, and loved.
Oh my dear friend, I wish I'd been able to say goodbye(for now) to you in a different way, however, I am so glad that you could see all the people who gathered to celebrate you last Friday. My thoughts, prayers, and love continue to be showered over your family, friends, and anyone else grieving over their loss of you. This feels so surreal that I'm even writing this, I wish you were here. Below are some of my favorite times/memories with Michael.
1 comment:
I am so sorry for your friend! I wish I could have known him because he seems like such a wonderful man. I will say a prayer for him and his family. xoxo
Post a Comment