Sunday, July 10, 2011

Insta Storage~Thanks to Shane, Mark & Tim!

So we decided to pull our house off the market awhile back. We love most things about our cozy little house ;)  The main thing is well, we are out of bedrooms, and storage, and garage space.  If only we had a 3 car garage, an extra bedroom, and a wee bigger storage room, then it would suit us just fine.  H-O-W-E-V-E-R, that's not our reality right now.  So we have to make do with what we've been given.

Shane and his co-workers did build a shed a week ago and it will definitely help, for now.  I really am grateful, especially to his framers who literally build the entire thing withing a few hours, they amaze me!  It's super cute, it's a little replica of our house.  We just need to paint the trim, and door and wallah.  I'm not going to lie, I had a mini breakdown this week when I realized all the extra "stuff" we have floating around our house, garage, storage room, bedrooms, closet's.  Bless my moms heart, she has been over here a handful of times to help me go through things.  We have made several trips to Other Mother's, Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Union Gospel Mission.  I had planned on having a garage sale, but when my mom was here last week, she kindly reminded me that I have 3 wks or less for the arrival of teeny tiny #3.  So, donating it was. 

I have finally realized that I am OK with the fact that I have no nursery set up for my little babe, we will figure that out months from now.  My children tend to be co-sleepers and so far, that's worked best for my family anyways.  So, he will hang out with Daddy and I in our bedroom.  As long as I've got some teeny clothes, burp clothes, bassinet, sling, diapers & wipes, a clean/tidy house, a decent stock of food, healthy kids/hubby, and LOVE...we are ready to go!  Back to the basics for this family!  As I often tell my kiddos "you get what you get and you don't get upset!"

I got some pictures of the kids and Shane from day one of getting things ready to build a shed.  I had to stay inside behind the screen so they wouldn't see me for some of them, so the clarity might be a little off.  Oh and I will take a picture now that the siding is on, and post it another time.
Digging up the grass =(
JP wants to big a big boy and use the BIG shovel!
Little Helpers!
Making Mud Water
For the pig pen apparently
Concrete Delivery
Concrete Slab
Framing Begins!
The kids were so cute, they kept hauling scraps of wood to Shane's truck.
Olivia dumping the wood into Shane's truck.
Little Buddy using his wheelbarrow to haul things out =)

In need of lunch break after all that hard work.  Olivia made this lunch ;)  and check out JP's drink holder!
Cute little shed is coming right along.
Funny how something like an electric drill can be so fascinating to a little boy.  He was so excited to watch and help, they let him help with the nail gun and he was over the moon.

2 comments:

Siri said...

The great thing is kids don't care about what color their room is painted...they only care about love, food, sleep and warmth and I know you guys will provide an abundance of all of that:) Love the shed xo

Anonymous said...

Love Siri's comment, she is so right! And Kell, seeing the kids helo their daddybuild this shed makes me think about how they are also getting ready for baby #3. They know they are a part of something incredible - your family - and they are putting their sweet hearts in to making sure you and the home are ready,I love it. And the post about Nolan kidding his mama and rubbing her back is still putting a smile on my face! ☺ Love you Kitty ;)