Saturday, August 6, 2011

Leo James Lofstedt~Angel Pie!

Liv's attempt at taking a belly picture for me, she cut my head off =)
Couple days shy of 39 weeks!
Minutes before I left for the hospital!  I was a wreck when I waved goodbye to Liv & Nolan, I hate leaving my kiddos!
DELIVERY DAY, Leo's BIRTHDAY!
Last family picture before Leo joined us~ha, Nolan has his classic look ;)
I will post more later, but really wanted to at least get my last few belly pictures as well as Leo's Birthday pictures and first week pictures up.

Leo arrived on Thursday, July 28th at 3:52 PM weighing 7lbs 12 oz, and was 20 1/2 inches long.  It was my BEST labor & delivery yet. It went so well that by the next day I looked at Shane and said I wanted to do it all over again(because it was so fast, and I still couldn't grasp that Leo was finally here!) I had the best team with me that day, truly godsends, and so many people were praying, and I could feel it! I LOVED my labor & delivery nurse Laurie, she was hand picked for me. Not to mention Shane and D, like I said, an all star team!  I wouldn't have made it without them, they each gave me exactly what I needed to get through my labor & delivery.  We often laughed during my labor(when I was still comfortable,) and I think we watched twilight a few times too. I am sure I am leaving out some other details, but for now here it goes...

My OB broke my water around 10:10 AM, but I was hooked up to pitocin about an hour prior to that. I would say my labor really kicked in around 12PM. I got an epidural around 2:45-3PM. I had the same experience after that, as I did with Nolan. I went from about 6 centimeters dilated to a complete with in 15 or 20 min, immediately after my epidural. I never thought I'd have a labor where I pushed a few times and the baby was out, BUT, I DID! During the 3 last contractions I had, I pushed maybe 4 times and Leo was out! It was amazing! I had dreamed about a labor like this, and still cannot believe how tolerable(although intense, pitocin is some strong stuff) it was. Truly a beautiful experience. I also imagined/dreamed of a dark haired baby boy so when D could see him coming out and said "He's got black hair!" again, couldn't believe it =) And so he did, and at that point we named him Leo James(both of our grandfather's names.) He has lots of dark hair, still can't tell what his eye color will be, he is a doll baby, I am so in love. His fuzzy little shoulders, angel smell, buttermilk breath, tiny ears, small dimple on his left cheek, his little hand gripped tight around my finger, the way he lays on my chest and is content for hours, I can barely take it, precious!   He is truly my miracle baby, and I can never say it enough, I thank God, my OB, my family, and friends for giving me strength and encouragement to try one last time for another baby.

It really was a whirlwind. I was checked into the hospital at 7:30 AM, and released at 11:00 AM the next day. I was so ready to get home to my other loves, and to be a family of 5! Olivia has been great, exactly what I expected, and natural little mama. Nolan is coming along, he loves his little brother, and is much more gentle around him now. He is having a hard time though, he was my baby, and now he realizes Leo is the newest addition. Shane has been off for a little over a week which has been so nice to have the help. We have had so many family and friends bring us dinner, have us over for dinner, and lots of visitors. Not to mention coming home to balloons, flowers, and baby gifts, thank you thank you! God is good!

My pregnancy with Leo felt like a decade at times, and I still cannot believe he's here. I already miss him in my tummy, watching my belly move, or watching my belly twitch when he had the hiccups. But I'd rather have him right here in my arms. I am a sucker for pregnancy I guess, and always have a hard time once it's over =( I bawled when we left the hospital and I think it freaked Shane out a little. He said "please don't go postpartum on me." Haha, poor guy. I will post more updates & pictures soon.

D, I want to THANK YOU for taking so many beautiful, candid pictures! It was such a nice surprise to see what you captured, and looking through all these brings tears to my eyes my friend. Thank you for sharing in one of the most incredible, blessed days of my life with me!
My L&D room!
All Stars!
Leo's arrival!
Dr. Fern, one of my favorite people on the planet!
The kids coming in to meet their baby brother for the 1st time.
Olivia holding Leo for the 1st time.
Nolan's turn!
Papa & Yaya with Leo.
Oh Nolan...this has become his signature look in pictures!
Auntie D and Leo.
Footprints,
Auntie Shawna
Auntie Laura
I think this picture was taken at like 4 AM, we couldn't sleep!  He was getting ready for his 1st bath.
1st day at home, almost 1 day old!
My Boys!
Cuteness
Olivia loves snuggling with Leo, she's good at it too, he is comforted by her, pretty sweet.
I am 9 days old!  I now weigh 8lbs 2 oz & am 21 inches long.  It's going a little too fast for my mom ;)

8 comments:

Siri said...

Love it! So glad you finally put these up:) He is really adorable and I can't wait to hold him!!! xo

Stacey C said...

So precious! I am glad that everything went so perfectly and that Mr. Leo is here! He's breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

So thank you for making me bawl my eyes out this eve! Seeing these photos and your retelling of Leo's story was so beautiful. It was honesty one of my favorite days EVER! A day I will never forget and always be so thankful I got to share in it with you, Shane, and your sweet bebe! Speaking of all stars--that's you! You were so calm, cool, and collected! Did you really just push out a baby?! :) Leo is so lucky to have the best mom and fam! We are beyond thrilled he is finally here!!!
xoxoxoxox ~D

washmom said...

Congratulations Kellie! Leo is adorable and he is so lucky to have you as his mom and Shane as his dad. I loved reading the birth story and seeing the photos:)Love ya, Gigi

Aunt Mary/Uncle Pat said...

Congratulations to all of you...
What a beautiful story. It was like reading a 'real' Fairy Tale!! I'm so proud OF you and FOR you and the love you share in all areas of your life.

Welcome to the world Baby Leo!
All our love
Uncle Pat, Aunt Mary, Katie, Paul and Julie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pics...Beautiful baby boy...Beautiful family. Love u all, Gam

YAYA PAPA said...

To our beautiful daughter and awsome son inlaw such a precious nest so heartwarming of your everyday life with your beautiful family brought tears to our eyes Leo James so sweet and perfect I KNOW GREAT GRANDPA LEO IS SO PROUD.LIV SUCH A LITTE MOMMY AND NOLAN A SPECIAL BIG BROTHER. LOVE U ALL MOM DAD YAYA AND PAPA.

LAURA said...

I'm so glad you took it easy on your Mom Leo, keep it up:) We love you and are sooo happy you are here safe and sound!
Love,
Auntie Laura, Uncle Todd and the Rufflings