Thursday, November 24, 2011

It really is the most WONDERFUL time of the year!

We had a very simple Thanksgiving, it was just what our party of 5 needed...very laid back!  I am Thankful for too many things to list.  This time of year is very special to me and tugs at my heart, in a good way!  I remember 8 years ago when I was preparing to host our first thanksgiving(as a married couple =),)  and I didn't feel quite right and mom my was teasing me that maybe I was pregnant...and I was, with Olivia.  It seems that my best pregnancies were this time of year with the 3 babies I have here with me on earth.  Nolan was a September Birthday so he was just shy of November, my little butterball Leo also came to life in November.  Last year I found out I was pregnant with him the day after Thanksgiving.  Today, it's one of the things I have been thinking about over and over.  Leo is one of the sweetest things I've ever known!  It has been so fun celebrating all of his "FIRSTS.

So here we go heading into December in the next week and I CAN'T WAIT!  Liv brought home her Advent packet from school Friday, we love this!  We are going to start The Elf on the Shelf with the kids this year.  Something new for Shane and I as well.  Isn't it fun to start, or relive family traditions?  It is so important to me to have traditions with my children.  I hope that everyone reading this had a beautiful Thanksgiving Day!

*On a side note, I do have to say that I am very disappointed that all of our snow melted! I am probably an oddball since I am one of of those people who LOVES to be snowed in ;) I wish we would have had as much snow today as we did last November. The picture I have at the top of my blog was taken last year when we cut down our Christmas tree, that's how much snow we had, it was c-r-a-z-y!

2 comments:

Siri said...

Traditions are great aren't they?! Glad you had a fabulous Day. We did as well. I fell asleep at 9pm so I guess all that cooking wore me out:) xoxo

Felicia said...

Happy Thanksgiving Kelli! I hope you and your family had an amazing holiday and continue to have the best Christmas. I am so jealous that you all have snow! I haven't seen any yet this year and am starting to get bummed out.

Felicia