Some things about Leo~
He LOVES music, just like the others. Climbing into baskets is his new thing. He holds his little arms up to show us that he's "SO BiG," he crawls up to me and lays his head on my shoulder for a snuggle. He is SO MUCH like Olivia when she was a baby. He uses a bit of sign language, mainly more, all done, and eat. He picks at little tags, fuzz balls, threads, anything little ;) or with a soft texture. He LOVES the water, and bath time. Maybe he'll be a great little swimmer like his Daddy. He is perfectly content when he's being held ;) He is a snuggle bug. Happy as ever unless he is hungry, frustrated, or sick. These first few pictures were taken on his 10 month bIrThDaY! I haven't been taking as many pictures lately, shocking I know!
I seriously can't believe we are here...10 months! Leo continues to be the sweetest little babe. He is very mobile now, never wants to sit still. Cruising along furniture, cruising while holding onto my hands, crawling everywhere. Well, because of his activeness, he's losing his chubby little body =( I don't like it one bit. I have enjoyed his roly poly bod and was hoping that he'd keep his baby fat for a lot longer. He is going to have curly hair, just like Liv's. Same color, same texture. They really resemble each other, especially when Liv was his age. His eyes stayed blue. Both Liv & Leo have my Grandma Hennessy's blue eyes and darker eyebrows. He babbles up a storm, all though the only words I can really make out are Mama, Dada, and this. He has been our pickiest eater. I have tried to place fresh avocado and banana bits on his tray, and well, he's not a big fan. Probably because he still has quite the gag reflex so we are sticking to pureed foods for a bit longer. Has never taken a bottle, bink...or sucked his thumb. For a while he would suck on silk, but that has stopped. He is still nursing, it's CONSTANT! You would honestly think I have a newborn baby living under my roof! So it would only be fitting that along with nursing is waking in the night :/ I am SO STINKEN TIRED. This sweet boy hasn't slept through the night once since birth...not even close! He his up every 2-3 hours most nights, no joke. I know it is out of habit, he really doesn't need to eat. Poor babe has 6 teeth right now, so I know the waking is due to a combo of things. He wants comfort, and well, I give it to him. I am not wired to let my children cry it out, never have been, and guessing I never will be. Olivia and Nolan weren't good sleepers until after a year either, so I don't know why I am surprised. The trend has been that after a year, I have incredible sleepers, and nappers! It would just be nice to not walk around like a zombie, so sleep deprived I can barely function. I do love him so, everything about him, still nibble on him so much my jaw hurts ;) and if he were a good sleeper, he really would be a perfect baby. Come on Leo, you can do it buddy...sleep at least 5 hours in a row for your mama ;) There are a few other things I want to write about, so I will post more soon. Well, after our upcoming VACATION that I cannot wait for. Looking forward to UNPLUGGING from the world and enjoying all the sweet faces in my life!
*Below are some pictures(gotta love rapid fire :) ) I took of Leo with his Uncle Noel last week =) He is so content with Noel. I think he knows what a gentle spirit my brother is. He just hangs out in his arms, perfectly happy. It's pretty sweet!
1 comment:
He is pretty stinking cute so I guess it isn't difficult to wake up to that face in the middle of the night:) Love how much he loves Noel!
Post a Comment