Thursday, August 16, 2012

My mom's 60th!

My Mom & I both share birthdays in June, in fact they are just one week apart.  She turned 60 this year and I tried so hard to put together a surprise birthday for her.   My mom is such a stinker, and it was so difficult to keep anything hidden or a surprise.  The BIGGEST surprise was that her sister(and my dear, sweet, & lovely Auntie Jeanette,) was coming up from California to surprise her.  We managed to keep that a secret until the day she arrived, phew!  It was the best birthday gift to my mom!  We had a nice party for her on her actual birthday.  My brother Noel worked so HARD, made the most delicious/amazing food, a beautiful cake from scratch, we had a little bar set up, dancing, it really was fun and sweet for my Mama.  The one thing that stunk was that we had set up tables with flowers and made them all look so pretty and a thunderstorm moved in and we had to move the party to the garage...of all places! So it killed me that most of her birthday pictures were taken in there ;)  I should mention the dancing :")  Anyone who knows us, knows our love(maybe I should say obsession,) for music and dance!!  It was so much fun...we danced on the porch in the dark, there was thunder, lighting, rain, lots of music, laughs, it was a great memory! 
Birthday bliss continued into the next morning when we had a beautiful brunch for her.
My Aunt Jeanette stayed a week, and it was so wonderful to spend time with her. I love her so much, she is so darn sweet, beautiful, and loves my kids just the way my own mom does. I got some really beautiful pictures of my mom, her sister, and brother, and that made me so happy! They don't get to see each other enough, so I know they cherished every minute. Here are some of the pictures and memories for Mom's 60th! I think my mom is so beautiful, and has aged very well!!
Sister Love!
BABES!
I LOVE this picture of my mom!
So sweet with her grandbabes surrounding her~
I know how happy this made my mom...having her grandchildren with her(missing just one, my nephew Kylan couldn't make it.)
Having all 5 of her children with her made her very happy too!
Love this one too...Lillian, James, Jeanette
She is one loved Mama!

PaRtY of 5!
My Noodle & I
Brunch
So Cute!
Tabitha & Joe...looking so cute together as always!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this post Kell, and it warms my heart to see all the family photos. Your mom is truly an amazing and very loved woman. Please tell her happy belated bday for me. She looks GREAT-as does aunt Jeanette. How fun to surprise your mama with her visit!!!
I miss each and every one of you, and seeing the pictures makes me think of how special you all are to me.
BIG hugs to all,
-A