Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why have I forgotten about how GREAT the Library is, and it's FREE?!


So Olivia asked me a question the other night when I was putting her to bed. *Let me just say it was on her mind because they've been waiting for baby chick's to hatch out of their eggs at school. She asked me if the eggs in our fridge have chickens in them. Okay first of all, that grossed me out to the point where I haven't been able to eat eggs all week. I sure hope I wouldn't crack open and egg where a chicken tried to form, DISGUSTING, ew! Liv has been asking about eggs all week. I told her we'd go the the library and she could find some books about eggs, chickens, farm animals, whatever she wanted that would inform her about the egg to chicken process. The kids and I went to the library yesterday and it was so much fun! I ran in to the storytime lady and she walked around with us and showed me some of her favorite children's books, and took Olivia over to the section on eggs & chickens. We ended up leaving with 16 books. My friend D said that Shane was probably thrilled at the fact that I took the kids to do something educational, & fun without spending a dime. I love it, so true! I have to be honest, I did wipe the outsides of all the books with a Clorox wipe because I don't know who's hands they've been in. That shouldn't surprise any of you who really know me~LOL! Nonetheless, I've missed the Library and hope this is the start to a weekly visit for the kids and I. So many great books, DVD's, and well, the kids can pick out books and learn about anything!

No comments: