Friday, April 9, 2010

Laughter...it does a body good~

I have to say that for most moms, the bulk of our laughter comes from the things are kids say or do each day. Oh Nolan! NJP was taking a bite straight out of an apple and said "Ewww, mom I took a bite and there's a booga(booger.)" I went over to him and he was looking at the core of the apple and seeds. I laughed and told him that it was just the seeds inside of the apple. He went back to his snack and then with a scowl he set the apple on top of the cutting board and said "I'm not going to eat the seeds because that's gwoss." Unfortunately he's picked up some verbiage from his sister that I'm not thrilled about, and gross has been one of those things. I'm sure I'm to blame for some of the "bad words" at times too, darn my mouth.

This morning he told me "I want to go to school like sissy too!" I told him he's still a bit too little. He said "But I'm a big man mama." He is going to miss Olivia so much next year when she's in school full day(which I can't even talk about yet, I'm not ready either!)

I included some pictures of my wild monkey eating frozen baguettes of bread. Hmm, I'm not sure why they were so tempting to him, they were rock hard and he insisted on nibbling on them until he could bite little pieces off. That was a day I was so desperate to just unload the dishwasher in peace that I just let him. I know, I continue to lose my vote for the best mom of the year award!



3 comments:

The Wileys said...

I am still voting for you!!! I love it...I SO miss those two. We'll keep you updated about Bloomsday...hoping to make it with our little peanut. :)

xoxo
Shaana

Siri said...

Seriously if that is what looses the vote I am in BIG trouble! I think it is adorable and I think NJP is hilarious:) (Of course Liv is great too but this is about NJP) I think sometimes all we can do is laugh at our kids because they are too precious. xoxo

Siri said...

and apparently I can't spell. LOSES! haha another byproduct of motherhood brain cells!