Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Psalm 34:18~"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

I spent last Sunday afternoon with my cousin Stacy at SHMC Children's hospital. I feel that the details are too private, and maybe even placing this obituary on here is as well. I just know there are a lot of you that read this, and are faithful in prayer for those who are in need. So thank you to everyone who already has been, and to those who will now join in on lifting my cousin, and her family up to the Lord. I'm so sick over this I can't get it straight this week. In a blink of an eye she lost her child. As a mother, I CANNOT imagine, nor do I ever want to, what it's like to lose your child, your sweet 9 year old boy. I wish I had words to lighten my cousins agony, but words are not enough. My heart and soul ache for this family. I wish I could take away their broken hearts. Everyone that knew Brady a little, or a lot, could see his contagious spirit immediately. His smile melted hearts. Brady is in our hearts forever!
JOHNSON, Brady J. (August 06, 2000- April 11,2010) Brady Jae, passed away peacefully after a nine year battle with Spinal Muscular Atrophy in the arms of his Family. Irreplaceable Son, Grandson, Great Grandson, Brother, Nephew, Cousins, Friend, hero and comedian. He is survived by his Mother and Stepdad: Stacy and Rusty Melcher, Father and Stepmom: Joshua and Liz Johnson, Grandparents: Karen and Jay Gertlar, Randy and Lisa Johnson, Siblings Ashton and Ava Melcher andCarter Johnson, Aunts, Uncles, Great Grandparents, Cousins and a endless list of friends. He was an inspiration to all who met him and he lit up the room with his infectious smile and humor. Special thanks to all the medical staff at Rockwoood Clinic, Shriner's Hospital, Sacred Heart Hospital, The Muscular Dystrophy Clinic, all the Staff at Browne Elementary and anyone else who made an impact in his life, you truly enriched his time with all of us.

3 comments:

Amy Byrd said...

Words aren't capable of explaining how saddened I am for your cousin! Thinking of you all during this difficult time!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about this loss Kell, and my heart aches for you and your family. Reading this brought me to tears and I will continue to pray for all of you during this difficult time. You know I am always here if you need anything. ♥A

The Wileys said...

Kelli - I am so sorry and will be praying for your cousin and her peace with this sad situation. My heart is also aching for her and for your entire family.

Lots of hugs and kisses from the Wileys XOXO