Thursday, April 22, 2010

Sweet April showers do spring May flowers...and a 1/2 marathon

It amazes me how two days ago my trees, flowers, and other plants around the yard had little buds, and by today, they were opened, and bloomed! I do have a little green thumb and if I could, would spend hours playing around in my yard, and flower beds. I'm so happy we are finally transitioning into Spring.

This has been a busy couple of months for me. I'm down to the wire in my training for the 1/2 Marathon I'm running on May 15! I have been blessed with incredible friends who also happen to be my running partners-Chris, Siri, D, and Tab(when we can make it work.) Chris is the PERFECT leader, he thinks of everything on our long runs, covering all bases of things we may need when we hit the road for a couple hours. We all add something to the group, and the motivation, and inspiration we've all given each other over the last 2 1/2 months has been AMAZING! I'm so proud of all of us for how far we've come, and the accomplishments we've made along the way. We have a bit more intense training in this next couple weeks, and then it's the real deal! This has been one of the best things for me to do for myself, it's given me a confidence(in my mind, body, & spirit) that I've lacked for quite a long time. I'm pumped and can't wait for us to cross the finish line together!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY Kell! I am so happy and PROUD of you, this isn't an easy goal. I can't wait to hear how the 1/2 goes, and I am so happy you have such a great group to train with--and that you are taking time to do something for you. Hugs to you and your sweet family. ♥A

Anonymous said...

You have been such a motivator for me through this whole thing! ...when I have a bad run, or when a week goes by (after working 60 hours) and I haven't even gotten one run in, you always get me back on my feet! Thank YOu!! I only wish we could run together more often.
I miss you so much! ...I wish my schedule wasn't so crappy!! Would love to see you soon!
Love, Tab

Siri said...

I am honored to be part of your running team. Chris and I would get bored of each other;) We always have great conversations!! xoxo

LAURA said...

You girls (and Chris:)) are amazing, I can hear the theme song from Chariots of Fire in the background... run, run!!! xo

Anonymous said...

You know somebody is truly your friend when they offer up their ipod on the Division frickin hill!!! Thanks for all the times I complained about how much I dislike this running gig and keeping me on track! It is pretty cool to see how far we've come. Remember our first little jog around your neighborhood??? Now look at us! GO RAINBOW TEAM!!! :)

Loves,
~D

Kelli said...

thanks everyone! and d, i'd still give you my ipod if you needed it ;)