Monday, March 5, 2012

The new CrAzE going on in my household ;)

While I would never trade my love for vampires and werewolves, I have to say that I am becoming equally obsessed with Downton Abbey. I have read about the show for the last several months, and last year when my family was visiting from Canada, they mentioned how much they loved it. Well, I finally started watching it a few weeks ago and was instantly hooked! I finished Season 1 within a couple weeks, and am now on to Season 2. I LOVE everything about it!  It is such a great story line, although there are many, which makes it even more interesting. It takes place in Great Britain in the early 1900's(WWl.) The setting is beautiful, and most is filmed in a GORGEOUS castle, which in the show is called Downton Abbey. Actors are amazing. I absolutely love that era, the clothing, hairstyles, and so on. I am not all that surprised that I liked it so much. I love movies like Sense and Sensibility(one of my favorite movies,) anything written by Jane Austen. This series reminds me of the stories she's written. Awww, and the love stories in Downton Abbey=so pure(for the most part,) traditional, sweet, innocent. I love that a kiss would mean proposal, or holding hands is taking it a step further. Nothing like the trashy reality television that is mostly aired these days, yuck, and no thank you. I was talking with my sister in laws last weekend, neither of them had watched it yet, but were eager. I talked to Tabitha on Saturday and she's already on Season 2~she is loving it, and is just as hooked as I am. So, if you haven't already watched it, I would say you are missing out...if you like this kind of old fashioned stuff ;)

1 comment:

LAURA said...

I remember you telling me about it but forgot the name, I need a new guilty pleasure during my snack sessions at night:) If it's half as good as any of Jane Austen's stories, I'm sure it's great. xoxo